Senior backend Node.js developer with specialized skills in writing and maintaining ECMA 5+ code base using GIT. Follows industry standards and best practices to ensure code quality and modularity. Expected to have the ability to develop and maintain tests using Mocha. Expected to have a deep understanding of NPM and package management. Should understand and implement specified linting. Should be able to create and maintain NPM packages. Should be able to translate difficult and complex problems to junior developers while overseeing peers and subordinates. Must be comfortable working in a Results Only Work Environment (ROWE) and in remote only positions. Must have reliable internet connections and maintain personal equipment.
Cali Style Team Member Responsibilities
- Ability to translate Wireframes into functional web apps using HTML, CSS, Angular2, Node.js, Redis, GraphQL or Postgres.
- Creating RESTful services with Node.js
- Architect scalable web architectures
- Work in a cross-functional team to deliver a complete user experience
- Create Unit and Integration tests to ensure the quality of code
- Be responsive to change requests and feature requests
- Write code that is cross-platform and cross-device compatible
- Ability to wear many hats and learn new technologies quickly
Expected Experience to Join the Cali Style Team
- 4+ years minimum in creating complex web based solutions
- An accomplished developer that specializes in Node.js.
- Experience with Model, View, Controller (MVC) systems.
- Experience using NPM.
- Experience with Trails.js or Sails.js a plus.
- Previous remote experience a plus.
- Diploma in Computer Science a plus.
- Experience with JIRA a plus.
- Experience with Heroku a plus.
- Experience with Postgres a plus.
- Experience with Redis a plus.
The Cali Style Team Member Requirements
- Working knowledge of Node.js and Express
- Solid Understanding of HTTP protocol and how server-side code is processed on the client
- Some experience with Photoshop or InDesign is a plus (creating sprites, optimizing, cutting or adjusting images)
- Working knowledge of front end optimization and performance techniques
- Obsession with lean, clean and organized front-end code
- Cross-browser development and troubleshooting
- Experience building Responsive websites for web, tablet and mobile devices
- Eye for details is crucial
- Able to handle multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Good understanding of overall web design including basic usability, accessibility, industry standards, architecture, and navigation
- Portfolio of work required. (GitHub portfolio is preferred)
Bonus Additional Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Developing for mobile platforms
- Webpack, Flexbox, Bootstrap, and SASS
- Huge LOVE for Opensource
Our projects are big and our team is all about culture. While we may not always be actively hiring for each position listed, we’d love to hear from you. We try hard to be a process-less company, so we can fully focus on getting the real work done and letting everyone show off their best skills. We’re not really about the paper rèsumè, so along with your contact information please provide a link to your portfolio or GitHub account, the "Green Wall" tends to speak for itself. Hold the phone calls, please!
To apply for this position, please submit your Github profile link or similar service and portfolio link to our contact form.
Must be available to work onsite in our San Diego, Virginia Beach, or Indianapolis offices if required, or work comfortably as remote. No relocation packages available.